Related Links

First Home Owners Grant

The First Home Owner Grant is a payment available to encourage first home buyers to buy or build a residential home to be used as their principal place of residence.  First home owners may qualify for the Grant and/or for the reduced rate of Transfer (stamp) Duty.

Please follow the link to the Office of State Revenue Fact Sheet for First Home Owners


Home Buyers Assistance Account

The Home Buyers Assistance Account is established under the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978 to provide first home buyers with financial support.

The scheme provides a grant of up to $2 000 for the incidental expenses of first home buyers when they purchase an established or partially built home through a licensed real estate agent for the purchase price of $400,000 or less.

Please follow the link to the website for more details


Smoke Alarm & Residual Current Devices (RCD) Information


Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division - AICWA

Is the peak body representing specialist Conveyancers in Western Australia. The Institute has set goals for the advancement of the profession of conveyancing in WA and is committed to best practice.
The WA Division is a member of the National body being the Australian Institute of Conveyancers, with affiliations with the New Zealand Society of Conveyancers.
Conveyancers specialise in property and have specific training and skills in all areas relating to the sale and purchase of real estate and related transactions. Conveyancers are licensed professionals providing a specialist service to those who partake in real estate transactions.
Consumers have a choice in the delivery of conveyancing services and can reap the benefits by choosing specialist Conveyancers.
To visit their website, please follow the link

Department of Commerce

The Department of Commerce is the governing body for settlement agents in Western Australia. Their website has loads of useful information to assist you.

To visit their website, please follow the link

Office of State Revenue

The Office of State Revenue’s (OSR) primary role is the administration of revenue laws for the community of Western Australia. The First Home Owners Grant is also administered through the OSR. The OSR website provides duty fee calculators, information sheets and First Home Owner Grant Application forms.

To visit their website, please follow the link


Australian Taxation Office

If the property you are selling is worth $750 000 or more you will require an ATO Clearance Certificate to confirm you are an Australian resident. Non-Australian Residents are required to pay 12.5% of the purchase price to the ATO.

To apply for a Clearance Certificate visit the ATO website. Please follow the link